Saturday, June 6, 2009

I miss my DS.

I sometimes think my dreams show what my subconscious desires. My DS has been broken for a while, and I never replaced it. This dream might be a hint to me of the desire to play a certain kind of game.

I was on a quest, and a few friends came along. Thinking on it, I should have realized it was a dream pretty quickly, since there were obvious signs. Like how we chose the quest (like in a video game) and it immediately went into a cut-scene in which we enter into a mansion. We were supposed to do something inside and in the garden of the mansion.

We needed to track down a dark wizard, and this mansion was related to him. We wandered through it, but not much happened, until a monstrous man (I'm guessing it was a man, though it might have been a man who was experimented on by the wizard) ran at us. We defeated him, and as he lay there, we moved on into the garden in the back.

As we were leaving to the garden, the building sealed itself closed with solid steel doors. We had no choice but to go on to the garden. We wandered around, but didn't find anything. It was then when we realized that we needed to go back. We didn't know why, but there was something back in the mansion.

Strangely enough, it was open again, and the body was gone. The wizard appeared and we immediately charged. This is when everything froze, and the wizard began to explain why we had to come back. We had not truly defeated the big guy before. Then he projected in our mind an image of what happened as we were leaving into the garden. The monster got up as we were leaving and began to run at us just as the doors sealed, so we never saw that.

The wizard chided us and said we weren't ready to face the monster, let alone the wizard, but since we were here, we could not leave until we defeated the monster. The wizard then transformed the area into an underground cavern, complete with flowing lava (this is when you can notice that my video gaming when I was young still affects my mind). He started to toy with us, creating illusions of mages for us to defeat.

It was about this time that I noticed that we could only move on panels on the floor, much like turn-based strategy games. Interestingly enough, it was turn-based. We were on a magical, transparent, floating platform that the wizard created. The lava was flowing under us. He split the group, so that we would have to wait for our turn, and would give us different scenarios to defeat his illusions. I think this was to train us while we waited for his monster to come back so we could fight it.

Then I got a phone call and woke up.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I hope you saved!

Shalini Agrawal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.