Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Curry Ramen

I was playing The World Ends With You last night (instead of studying), and one of the characters kept talking about curry and ramen.  Well today, I wanted something to eat (late breakfast/early lunch), so I looked at my inventory.  I had ramen (the cheap Maruchan brand) and curry (3 kinds: Fresh Market, Tones, and McCormick [I also had all the spices to make it from scratch, but I wasn't going to waste my time doing that for a bowl of ramen]).  So I put a pot of water on to boil, and threw in some curry.  

Then I got to thinking... sure, it'll taste good, but it won't do the ramen justice to just leave it at that.  So I threw in some frozen veggies (peas, carrots, corn, green beans).  After that step, I just couldn't leave it alone, so I threw in some meat I had last night, chopped up some onions, and threw in some minced garlic as well.  

There was still something missing, so I threw in the ramen seasoning packet as well.  I didn't like the consistency of the soup... too thin.  I really hate adding flour to something afterwards to thicken it, because then there is always that raw flour taste.  Fortunately, I had some leftover Bechamel roux, which made things easier.

What I had sitting in front of me was too great for just one measly ramen, so I threw in two ramen.

That's how I ended up feeling too full to study.  So as a result, I spent another hour watching stuff on Hulu.

No comments: