Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pyromaniac

This dream took place at a stadium.  You see, I was helping out as crowd control.  I was supposed to make sure nobody got in after the event started.  Nobody.  If anyone tried to, I was granted leave to fight them off with any resources available.  I was mainly supposed to scare them away if a warning didn't work, so I decided to use fire.

There were superpowered-types in the dream, so using fire wasn't that harsh.  I don't think I had any particular powers that I can recall, other than that I was not harmed by fire.  I just had a can and a lighter.  The can was full of gas, as far as I could tell, and the lighter was a zippo.  The first time I used the can, I had let gas leak out, then lit it afterwards.  The flare that resulted was pretty big.  It made a roar as it lit up the corridor I was watching, and the people who were trying to push past me ran away.  The flare was in the shape of a V.

I was able to start controlling how to use this, whether I would fill the room with gas before flicking the flint, or whether I would hose them down with the can.  The can was not just some small hair spray can.  This was made to light stuff up, since it had a wider nozzle that released much more gas at a higher pressure.

I met my match when a powered guy walked in.  He could shoot fire and control fire.  That's when my friend showed up.  His power was that he could control fire.  They started fighting, and I just watched.  What was I supposed to do?  It seemed the enemy was stronger than my friend, and he eventually subdued him.

Then he started on a rant about who we really were.  Apparently, everyone who has these powers were missing at some point.  The guy pointed to some scars that my friend had to point out that my friend was a victim as well.  Were we all experimented on?  He said that there were three types of powered people.  There were the victims, there were those who volunteered, and I didn't catch the last one.  It was about here that I woke up.

No comments: